A summer dish with an Asian flair.
Asian Chicken and Veggie Bowl
Makes: 4 bowls
Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- ½ cup frozen edamame beans or peas, defrosted
- ½ cup frozen sweetcorn
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ½ cup red peppers, cut into small cubes
- 1 avocado, de-stoned and sliced
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters, to serve (optional)
- Cook the rice following pack instructions, then drain and return to the pan to keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok, add the garlic and fry for 2 mins. or until golden.
- Tip in the chicken and fry until the pieces are cooked through.
- Stir in the hoisin sauce, season, and continue cooking for a further 2 mins.
- Cook the edamame beans and sweetcorn in simmering water for 2 mins., then drain.
- Divide the rice between four bowls and top with the chicken slices in a strip down the middle. Add carrot, red pepper, beans or peas, sweetcorn, and avocado down either side.
- Serve with the lemon to squeeze over, if you like.